Posted by: Stacey Maka
I just couldn’t wait for Halloween to do this look! And if you’re like me and like to think about your costume ahead of time (this way ahead!), then I hope this might help you with some ideas. This was actually my costume last year, but I just had to show it again because it was one of my favourite looks of all time. Even though most people thought I was just some anime character it was still so much fun to be Ramona and walk along side my Scott Pilgrim.
Even though Ramona Flowers is such a badass I kept the makeup quite cute and simple. I enhanced my eye shape to make them appear bigger and went with soft pinks for the lips and cheeks. Here’s how to recreate this easy look.
1. Ramona has quite fair skin so using a BB cream (Lioele Triple the Solution) in a shade lighter than your own skin tone, apply it to your face, 2. Next, prep your eyes with a primer (Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion), 3. Mattify your face with pressed powder (Maybelline Dream Matte Powder), 4. Fill in your brows (Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Medium Ash).
5. Taking a beige shimmer eyeshadow colour (Kat Von D in Enjoy the Silence), 6. Apply it to your entire lid, 7. As well as your brow bone for a little more shine.
8. Now taking a shimmer bronze brown colour (Kat Von D in Pray for Me), 9. Apply it to your crease, 10. You may want to blend it in a bit.
11. Taking a white eyeliner pencil (from Sephora), you want to start lining your eyes, 12. I exaggerated them a bit to make my eyes appear slightly bigger.
13. Begin by winging out with liquid liner (Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner), 14 & 15. From underneath the white eyeliner, start connecting the lines together. We are trying to create a bigger and more cartoon eye just like Ramona’s eyes. 16. And thicken the line a bit to make your eyes stand out.
17. With a medium brown eyeshadow, 18. Apply the colour into your crease, 19 & 20. Get ready to apply some dramatic eyelashes and your teal wig (from ebay)!
Ramona has short hair but I chose to keep the wig long for my own spin.
21. Using a bronzer (The Balm Bahama Mama bronzer), 22. You want to create a narrower and smaller looking nose, 23. And with a pink blush (The Balm Down Boy), 24. Apply to the apples of your cheeks.
25 & 26. Finish your lips off with a cute milky pink colour (Melliesh in 05), 27. Apply mascara to your bottom lashes.
For wardrobe, I’m wearing a blue hoodie from American Apparel, a black choker I had laying around, Geo Honey Wing circle lenses, and some goggles I purchased from ebay.
I hope you enjoyed this easy Ramona Flowers look!