21, 01, 2016
1. Cute socks and slippers – It’s funny, the things that you once didn’t think twice about or appreciated are now the things that you do think about and appreciate. I for sure wasn’t a fan of socks or slippers as gifts when I was younger, but now when I get them I’m more than ecstatic to receive such practical and useful gifts for everyday. Even if you do call for a lazy day in there’s nothing wrong with still wanting to look cute!
2. Tea, and lots of it – Since winter and tea go hand in hand I definitely use the cold as an excuse to stock up on my favourites. The air sadly tends to me a lot drier than in the warmer months so we need to keep our bodies as hydrated as possible. You’ll find me sipping on green tea, earl grey, and/or my current favourite spiced chai.
3. Time to catch up on reading – Being stuck indoors isn’t all that bad when you have a selection of good books to keep you busy. I can honestly say that winter keeps my brain in check with gaining more knowledge and imagination from reading. I’m huge on self-improvement so I love getting books on cooking, languages, philosophy, and every now and then I love a quirky book to add into my collection.
4. Comfy knits and sweaters – Although I miss wearing sleeveless shirts, I will admit that there is nothing better than throwing on a comfortable loose knit on a cold day. I never thought I’d say this but this might be the only time when you can get away with being frumpy – OF COURSE with moderation and/or with mixing it with more stylish pieces!
5. Sunny winter days – There are more gloomy and cloudy days than there are sunny ones at this time of year. So when those outbursts of sunlight hit I’m literally walking that rainbow of sunshine! I believe there really is nothing more satisfying than the feeling of the warm sun on your skin. These magic moments have definitely taught me how to not take the early summer sunrises for advantage.
What have you been loving about winter?